(Photo: ERIKA SCHULTZ / THE SEATTLE TIMES) Albert Erickson, 83, of Monroe, Wash., throws the javelin during USATF Master's National Decathlon Championship Sunday, July 15, 2012. Erickson, the second oldest athlete at the decathlon, competed in 10 events over two days at Woolsey Stadium in Shoreline. Competitors, ages 18-86, traveled from around the country to participate in events like the long jump, shot put, pole vault and 1,500-meter run.
Published in Subscribe to the RSS feed of Features Features / Subscribe to the RSS feed of News News
Like this? Let your friends know now!
Latest articles from Administrator
- SPU TRACK & FIELD: Falcons will be sending 8 to NCAA national championships posted on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 09:30
- There are NO excuses for not registering now for the Portland Marathon posted on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 13:52
- Thomas Omwenga captures his 4th Men’s Marathon Title and new Women’s Champion Crowned at BMO Vancouver Marathon posted on Monday, 06 May 2013 13:40
- ETHIOPIANS DEBA AND ASSEFA PREVAIL AT THE 37TH LILAC BLOOMSDAY RUN posted on Monday, 06 May 2013 13:39
- Allan Kiprono to Defend His Bloomsday Title Misiker Mekonnin Will Attempt to Reclaim Her Crown posted on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 11:38